On November 7, 2017, Siham Byah went in for a routine check-in with ICE and was detained that same day. She was ripped from her then 8-year-old son, Naseem. She was later deported to her birth country of Morocco on December 26th with nothing but the clothes on her back and with absolutely no warning to her attorney or loved ones.
It has been a year; November 7th was the last day Siham was able to hug her son. Since then, we have been fighting alongside her to demand justice and a reunification plan. We stand in solidarity with all immigrants and condemn the brutal and inhumane policies of the United States regime that lead to situations like this. Please join us on this day to demand:
1. Speedy reunification with Naseem
2. DCF take action to oppose deportations by ICE, in order to protect children and families as stated in its mission
3. Jails in Massachusetts end their contracts with ICE
4. An end to deportations and the abolishment of ICE
5. An investigation into the legality of Siham’s deportation and the abuse she went through while in ICE custody
We will be marching from Villa Victoria to Peter's Park. Please be sure to dress warmly!
6:45-7:15 Speakers/Music at Villa Victoria
7:15-7:45 March to Peter's Park
7:45-8:30 Speakers/Music at Peter's Park
***Details of the specifics TBD***