In the past few weeks, ICE and the Trump administration have ramped up their attacks on immigrant rights activists as well as large sections of the immigrant community in the US. Siham Byah, a Nahant resident for nearly 20 years and a member of our Boston activist community, was one of the first to be targeted by this harsh new level of repression. Since her deportation on December 27, ICE has detained other activists including Ravi Ragbir, Maru Mora-Villalpando, and Amer Othman. Meanwhile, Trump announced the cancellation of Temporary Protected Status for 260,000 Salvadorans, and ICE raided dozens of 7-Eleven stores in search of undocumented workers to deport.
Join us for a rally in support of Siham Byah and all immigrants under attack by ICE. If we fight back, we can win!
In solidarity with Siham, we demand that:
1. DCF allow Siham to freely communicate with Naseem whenever and however they wish.
2. DCF does not put Naseem up for adoption against Siham’s wishes.
3. DCF help Naseem get a passport so that he can be reunited with Siham.
4. The Massachusetts Department of Children and Families release a public statement against Siham Byah's deportation, and that they end any collaboration with the ICE attacks that are devastating Massachusetts families.
5. Siham Byah be returned to the United States immediately and given the opportunity to present her case for asylum in the United States.
6. ICE immediately stop terrorizing our communities and ripping apart families.
This event is being hosted and organized by a coalition of activists and organizations in the Boston area that seeks to mobilize large numbers of people against ICE's attacks on our undocumented friends, family, and neighbors. If your organization would like to co-sponsor this event, or join our efforts, please contact email@example.com.
For more information on Siham's case: