On January 20th, 2018, We the People of New England will take to the streets again to show that Women's Rights are Human Rights and Human Rights are Women's Rights. Rain or shine, we welcome everyone to our event, including families and people with disabilities.
More logistical information is coming soon! Accessibility information will be posted here: https://www.facebook.com/events/862995990536253/permalink/884560728379779/
STATEMENT OF VALUES:
1) We are a coalition of diverse social justice, human rights, disability rights, women’s rights, and peace organizations that are coming together on the first anniversary of Donald Trump’s inauguration to voice our opposition to an administration that is systematically eroding the rights of women and other marginalized people, dismantling and destroying our democracy, and putting the entire world at risk.
2) We have come together to affirm our common values, and we seek to ensure the rights of all people to liberty, dignity, and equal protection under the law.
3) We are dedicated to the guarantee of these basic human rights for all individuals, regardless of gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, race, age, religion, nationality, immigration status, disability, economic status, geographical residence, health status, culture, and political affiliation, not just in the United States but across the planet.
4) We believe that we are strengthened as a society by our diversity, and we are committed to protecting and passing laws that protect and sustain the rights of all people in our multicultural and multiethnic society.
5) We are united to resist the harmful consequences of President Trump's administration on women, other marginalized groups, and the planet itself.
6) We envision this event as an occasion to recognize the resistance efforts undertaken thus far, and to further mobilize our collective energies for the year ahead.
List of groups co-hosting the event, in alphabetical order:
Boston Persists—Events for the Resistance
Cambridge Area Stronger Together
Cambridge-Somerville for Change
Harvard-Epworth United Methodist Church
Human Rights Festival
Indivisible Mystic Valley
March Forward Massachusetts
Massachusetts Peace Action
Massachusetts People's Budget Campaign
New England Independence Campaign
Not One Penny -- Tax March
We Unite Organizations
... more coming soon!
List of groups endorsing the event:
... more coming soon!
List of speakers:
... coming this week!
If you would like to volunteer or join us as a cosponsor, please contact us at email@example.com.
PLEASE NOTE: As there has been some confusion on this point, we want to clarify that we are not the same group who organized the 2017 Boston Women's March. That event was organized by March Forward Massachusetts, which is working with us to develop and promote this event.
PLEASE NOTE: This Facebook page will not allow trolling, malicious rumors, or arguments unrelated to the focus of this event. If you have a question or concern about something, please ask us directly.